Why do you want to cycle to work?

Google Groups
CyclingProfessionals
Visit this group
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurnerSubscribe to Cycling Professionals

Sports and Medicine Headline Animator

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Scenic Route from home to work

I decided to take the route away from the snarling traffic in LDP this morning. It took slightly longer due to the slight climb after the traffic light at the Exit 1109 underpass going to Taman Bahagia (just in front of Kelana Jaya Medical Centre). During such times I was glad that the old Petaling Jaya township had looked into keeping well-groomed trees along the whole route. It was only until I reached the next Intersection that I was met with some heavy traffic. Another reason to take the bike because it only took me 15 minutes of slow ride to reach my office (in comparison with 25 minutes).

I must admit, it will take me several weeks to strengthen myself as I was pushing a heart rate (HR) of 155-164 during the ride. If I overdid it, it would have been detrimental to my health. The Borgs Perceived Exertional Scale would be a good 12-16 during the whole ride.

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

Viewers are informed that the comments and advertisement posted on this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog author. The blog author is not liable for any damage due to use or following such advice posted in the comments or advertisements.

Viewers are advised to follow the internet laws of your respective countries as the blog author cannot be responsible for bloggers contravening such laws in this blog.