Why do you want to cycle to work?

Google Groups
CyclingProfessionals
Visit this group
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurnerSubscribe to Cycling Professionals

Sports and Medicine Headline Animator

Friday 29 August 2008

Cycling to work worked using smaller roads

Cycling to work:

I woke up early this morning and decided to ride to work. After preparing my 2 bottles of plain water (1250ml altogether), wearing my reflector vest, cycling visor and helmet, I took off from SS2 into LDP at 0620hrs. I stopped at the underpassage rather than go up the flyover (as it is against the law although tractors and motorbikes tend not to abide by it). I took sips of water at every 5 km (approximately every 3 traffic light junction). At Western Digital traffic lights, I turned right into the industrial park to take the flyover onto the Federal Highway. After approximately 2 km, I took a right turn into Subang Jaya (Persiaran Kewajipan) passing SJMC (on my right) and going to the Summit. The Metropolitan College roundabout was challenging but you just have to stay on the lane (not too far to the left) and watch the car on your right. After the Summit there was another 2 traffic lights and finally I turned right again into USJ9/10 and another left to USJ9 where my clinic is situated. Total time taken was 50 minutes.

I took a took a shower at my clinic, changed and went for my breakfast at the Mamak behind my clinic for fresh 'Idli' and my favourite 'teh tarik'.

Return Journey:

I refilled my water bottles, changed into my shorts and left my bag of dirty clothes in the clinic and exited from USJ 9 onto Persiaran Kewajipan. I was happily overtaking the traffic at the Giant and the Summit Junction. At the Metropolitan College roundabout and I turned right towards Sunway Pyramid. At Sunway Mentari, I took the shortcut to the underpassage of the Motorola Flyover and turned right onto the Federal Highway motorbike lane. I took a left turn to Seri Setia (Sungaiway) and then headed towards Jalan 222 and took a left turn at Kah Motors into Jalan 223. At the end of Jalan 223, I took a left turn and headed to Rothmans roundabout and took a 12 o'clock towards SS2. At the first traffic light, I took a right turn towards LDP and kept right and at the first junction to the right I headed towards the housing area and found my way to my condominium. Total time taken was 50 minutes.

*I should have informed my wife I was going to do this but she wouldn't let me cycle to work. I actually cycled not too hard and took a break at Yong's bicycle shop to look at some handlebars. Maybe, I should take her along for one of my rides sometime?!
*I forgot my sunscreen lotion which would serve a purpose to protect my skin. Nevertheless, it was a worthwhile effort as I feel good at the end of the ride!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first ride to work Aston. I am sure you would have found it invigorating. I find my self fresher and more enrgetic at work when I cycle.

Dr Aston Ngai Seng Huey said...

Do you know I freaked out my wife as I didn't take my wallet and handphone along with me for the ride. So she couldn't call me to check out how I was doing.

DISCLAIMER

Viewers are informed that the comments and advertisement posted on this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog author. The blog author is not liable for any damage due to use or following such advice posted in the comments or advertisements.

Viewers are advised to follow the internet laws of your respective countries as the blog author cannot be responsible for bloggers contravening such laws in this blog.