Why do you want to cycle to work?

Google Groups
CyclingProfessionals
Visit this group
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurnerSubscribe to Cycling Professionals

Sports and Medicine Headline Animator

Thursday 28 August 2008

Exclusive Interview with Josiah Ng


Dear Josiah,

Thank you for agreeing to do an exclusive interview for my blog, Cycling Professionals. We recreational cyclists would require some encouragement to cycle safely and train well.

Let me start with the following questions:-

CyclingDoc: How old are you? Where are you from? How many years have you been cycling (in total and competitively)?

Josiah: I am 28 years young from Kuching, Sarawak. I have been cycling competitively since I was 14 years old. I first learned how to ride a bike when I was 5.

CyclingDoc
: How has cycling changed your life?

Josiah: Cycling has had an amazing impact on my life. I live to ride and ride to live. It is my dream job come true. I have been able to see the world and meet the most amazing people, thanks to cycling.

CyclingDoc: How often do you train each week and what is the duration? Track / Road / Gym / Others

Josiah: I train a total of 11 sessions a week, twice per day on weekdays and once on the weekend. My weekly schedule includes 3 gym sessions, 4 track sessions, and 4 road sessions.

CyclingDoc: What would you advise recreational cyclists who are trying to improve their cycling skills and train better?

Josiah
: I would say the best thing would be to ride with other cyclists. You can learn a lot from each other. If there is a local club available, join it!

CyclingDoc: How important is safety in cycling?

Josiah: I put safety first. Having a good knowledge and sense of safety is very important. I always wear a helmet when I am training. Follow road rules to the best of your ability is also a smart thing to do. I almost always obey traffic signs and signals. Of course there are certain exceptions where following rules made for automobiles would be more dangerous than not. Use common sense.

CyclingDoc: What kind of bicycle would you advise new recreational cyclists to get when they start?

Josiah: Buy whatever your budget permits you. Fancy equipment is not always better. Start modestly, and work your way up.

CyclingDoc: What would you like to see happen in the cycling sport in Malaysia?

Josiah: I would like to see more people more aware of the sport. Cycling is a wonderful sport and can have many benefits including green transportation, maintaining one’s health and also the social aspect. There are not many negative things about the sport.

CyclingDoc
: What are your aspirations in cycling?

Josiah
: My goal is to always ride my bike for as long as I live. I hope to enjoy the sport and pass it down to my children and grand children.

CyclingDoc
: Thank you for taking your time to answer the questions. We treasure your input and we believe that you have placed Malaysian Cycling on the map!

Josiah: Thank you once again for this opportunity to share my thoughts. Best Regards, Josiah Ng.

No comments:

DISCLAIMER

Viewers are informed that the comments and advertisement posted on this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog author. The blog author is not liable for any damage due to use or following such advice posted in the comments or advertisements.

Viewers are advised to follow the internet laws of your respective countries as the blog author cannot be responsible for bloggers contravening such laws in this blog.