Why do you want to cycle to work?

Google Groups
CyclingProfessionals
Visit this group
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurnerSubscribe to Cycling Professionals

Sports and Medicine Headline Animator

Wednesday 30 July 2008

Polar CS600 for Cyclists

My latest ride yesterday recorded a distance of 21km, average speed of 18.2km/h, average HR of 144bpm, 87.1% within target zone, burnt 971 kcal and a duration of 1:09:16. It was fairly warm weather at 33 degrees Centigrade. I shall need to plan my rides and my rest more closely as I will be quite busy during the weekend. The Polar CS600 comes in handy to help reorganise my training.

Here are some photos of the cycling computer system which would give you Heart Rate (HR), % Heart Rate Max (HRM), Cadence, Speed, Distance, Exercise Zones, Calories, Heart Rate Variability and Fitness Testing. Just takes some time to read the manual and utilise each item. I am getting some help from the Polar distributor to commission the device. The graphs are really impressive. I like the fact that it warns me if I'm overdoing it with a beeping sound and tells me speed in min/km and km/h.



6 comments:

virtualmystic said...

How much does the unit cost Dr. Aston?

Dr Aston Ngai Seng Huey said...

It's retailing about RM1699 but you could try to ask for some discounts. There will also be a new model called CS600X available in 2009.

virtualmystic said...

Hmmm, that's about the price of my 2 (both 2nd hand) bikes put together! A little out of most cyclists budgets.

Dr Aston Ngai Seng Huey said...

yeah,... that's for serious bikers with a bigger budget. But it works for getting accurate data especially for those with high cardiovascular risks.

virtualmystic said...

When is your next planned night ride Aston? Are you planning to be more active in advocating cycling as a serious means of transport? I would be willing to participate provided it does not become too political.

Dr Aston Ngai Seng Huey said...

If we get a group of 5 riders, we should start. Let me try to talk to Yong and maybe you could call some more riders. Plan it for once a week. Yes, we'll advocate cycling to work while taking precautions like cycling training and safety. Nope! I dont think it would be political.

DISCLAIMER

Viewers are informed that the comments and advertisement posted on this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog author. The blog author is not liable for any damage due to use or following such advice posted in the comments or advertisements.

Viewers are advised to follow the internet laws of your respective countries as the blog author cannot be responsible for bloggers contravening such laws in this blog.