Why do you want to cycle to work?

Google Groups
CyclingProfessionals
Visit this group
 Subscribe in a readerAdd to Google Reader or HomepagePowered by FeedBurnerSubscribe to Cycling Professionals

Sports and Medicine Headline Animator

Tuesday 22 July 2008

Progress in Cadence and Endurance

I am still riding 20km five times a week except that it seems slightly heavier on both knees with the Mountain bike tyres instead of road tyres. I will probably improve on my spin at 90-100 rpm with various gear ratios to build on my endurance while picking up speed steadily. The CS600 Polar Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) has been a useful tool providing me vital Heart Rate (HR), Cadence, Speed, Distance and Time information. I have just got the device working after my bike technician Yong fixed the cadence and speed sensors. I just followed the instructions on the product manual and it worked fine.

I realised that I am probably dehydrated during the ride resulting in a higher HR and decreasing preformance after riding for 15km during each session. I shall download the data from the CS600 to have a look at the data before progressing to harder work-loads.

There is talk of doing a double session to mimic travel to work (20km one way). I think that would have to wait as I may need to improve my fitness to ensure that I am fit enough for extra training.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Doc,
No picture of the Polar HRM ?? Do a short review ler ... :)

How much did you get it for ??

Dr Aston Ngai Seng Huey said...

Still need to load more data before I can tell of its user friendliness.

DISCLAIMER

Viewers are informed that the comments and advertisement posted on this blog are not necessarily the views of the blog author. The blog author is not liable for any damage due to use or following such advice posted in the comments or advertisements.

Viewers are advised to follow the internet laws of your respective countries as the blog author cannot be responsible for bloggers contravening such laws in this blog.